Program Supervisor, ExCel Discovery Program
Enviros is a charitable, non-profit community committed to enhancing the quality of family life in Alberta. We engage children, youth, adults and families in experientially based opportunities so they learn and develop skills that foster independence. Enviros addresses a broad range of societal needs ranging from programs for young offenders; family support services, emergency foster care, and helping young adults become successfully independent. Enviros opens minds as well as doors, promoting social responsibility through personal action, interaction and accountability.
The Enviros ExCel Discovery Program is a residential open-custody facility for male and female 12 – 18 year old youth serving an Open Custody Sentence under the Youth Criminal Justice Act. ExCel works with youth to provide them opportunities to deal with their addictions, mental health and life/social issues. Emphasis is placed on academic pursuit and healthy reintegration to society. Programming includes Life Skills, Recreational activities, and Wilderness Trips.
As the Supervisor of the ExCel Discovery program you will have:
- 2 – 3 years proven leadership and supervisory experience
- Experience with at-risk adolescents from a strength based approach
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Youth Criminal Justice System
- Experience working in collaboration with program partners, across disciplines and
- systems, on behalf of the program and clients
- Practical knowledge of experiential education
- Ability and willingness to participate in wilderness trips
- Technical wilderness skills, certification and experience in adventure therapy
- Must be able to work days and occasional evenings, and participate in an on-call system
- Human Services Degree, or Diploma with commensurate experience
- Must have current Standard First Aid and CPR
- A valid Driver’s License is required, Class 4 within 6 months of employment
The successful applicant will be required to submit police and child intervention record checks with satisfactory clearance results as part of the hiring process.
If you feel you are the versatile and dynamic candidate we are looking for please forward your resume and cover letter for attention Josh Clarke to firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting Job Reference #1562. This posting is open until suitable candidate is found.
Enviros is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all candidates for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We regret that we are unable to accept telephone inquiries.