WHAT IS FASD?
A medical diagnosis which can impact the brain and whole body. People living with FASD without support are at risk of secondary challenges.
To be eligible for the Evolution Program, individuals must have a medical diagnosis of FASD & be over age 18. For referrals, please call: 403.295.2944 ext. 222.
Males and Females Ages: 18+ years
Accessed by individuals requiring support with FASD
Funded by: FASD Initiative through the Calgary Fetal Alcohol Network (CFAN) and Alberta Government Cross Ministry Committee
People living with FASD without support are at risk of secondary challenges. The FASD Evolution offers support to adults living with an FASD diagnosis.
FASD Evolution is a collaborative program within the community, working with other service providers and agencies to provide services specific to this client group including:
- Supporting individuals in accessing income support, housing, employment and medical care.
- Helping individuals who have been recently diagnosed to better understand their strengths and challenges in an effort to develop and enhance strategies specifically for them.
- Supporting other services in having an FASD informed approach.
Enviros provides practical assistance with:
- Connection to community
- Developing/maintaining positive relationships
- Time management
To be eligible for the Evolution Program, individuals must have a medical diagnosis of FASD & be over age eighteen.
Enviros helps individuals by:
- Ensuring an understanding of how the individual is impacted by FASD
- Strategy Development
- Follow-Up on Assessment Recommendations
Enviros helps to build an informed network of support including:
- Natural Supports
- Professional Supports (School/Vocational, social workers, youth workers, respite providers, etc.)
- Access to other relevant Community Resources
We honor those who’ve been part of the agency and the stories of their time here.