Recreational Respite Worker Part Time
The Respite Care Connection promotes, strengthens, and preserves the right for children with challenging behaviours to have a permanent home. The program works toward this goal by providing caregivers of the children and youth with respite to give them time to take of themselves and their other children. The Respite Care Connection is a community based program for children and youth aged 6-17 years.
The Enviros Respite Care Connection is currently seeking Recreational Respite Workers on a part time basis. This position involves participating in and supervising recreational activities for children (ages 6-12) and adolescents (ages 13-17). Clients have diagnoses such as ADHD, FASD and ASD and the program focuses on strengthening self-esteem, skill development and socialization skills. This is facilitated in a fun, structured and safe environment with a ratio of one staff to three youth.
We are looking for staff who can work the following weekly shifts:
Fridays 4:00 – 9:00 pm, Saturdays 11:30 – 5:00 pm, Sundays 12:00 – 6:00pm
Ideal candidate would be able to work these shifts every week, or at least a minimum of two of the shifts every week.
Pay range is $18.00- $20.00 per hour.
A degree or diploma in the Human Service field is required.
The successful candidate will also have the following:
- Current first aid and CPR C
- A valid class 5 driver’s license is required (Class 5 GDL not accepted)
- A current 5 year driver’s abstract
- $1 million driving insurance
- A current criminal record check including vulnerable sector (completed within last 6 months)
- Successful applicants will be asked to complete an Alberta Intervention Record check application (in office), employment is dependent upon this check being clear.
We are also looking for the following experience and skills:
- Experience working with children with varying abilities in a recreational setting
- An ability to be organized, energetic and flexible
- Paperwork responsibilities are of key importance
If you are the dynamic and qualified candidate we are looking for please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com – Attention Tina Cameron quoting job reference #1643. Competition for this posting closes when a suitable candidate is found.
Enviros is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all candidates for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We regret that we are unable to accept telephone inquiries.