EXCEL – ARCH Reintegration Facilitator, 9 Month Contract .8 FTE
Enviros is a charitable, non-profit community committed to enhancing the quality of family life in Alberta. We engage children, youth, adults and families in experientially based opportunities so they learn and develop skills that foster independence. Enviros addresses a broad range of societal needs ranging from programs for young offenders; family support services, emergency foster care, and helping young adults become successfully independent. Enviros opens minds as well as doors, promoting social responsibility through personal action, interaction and accountability.
One of the Enviros residential programs, ExCel Discovery Open Custody Program is looking for a Reintegration Facilitator. This program targets youth serving open custody sentences at the ExCel Discovery Program and at the Calgary Young Offender Centre (CYOC), and will provide post-discharge service through an individualized support plan aimed at consolidating and maintaining the youth’s initial gains while in open custody. The Reintegration Facilitator will help youth maintain their gains and use them to achieve and sustain a successful transition back into their homes and communities as well as reduce the reoccurrence of criminal behaviour. The Reintegration Facilitator will work in partnership with ExCel, CYOC, Alberta Health Services, Alberta Learning and Youth Probation to develop and deliver a coordinated reintegration plan that supports open custody youth for a minimum of 3 months following discharge from custody.
The successful applicant will have the following qualifications:
- Human Services Degree, or Diploma with commensurate experience
- Experience working with high-risk adolescents from a strength based approach
- Experience developing and implementing integrated service plans
- An ability to meet project targets and to support the evaluation of project objectives
- An ability to be self-motivated and work as part of a dynamic team
- An ability to be highly organized, energetic and creative
- An ability to work in collaboration with project partners, across disciplines and systems, on behalf of the project and clients
- Must be able to work flexible hours to accommodate client needs
- An understanding of the Youth Criminal Justice System is required, and experience with this system is an asset
- Practical knowledge of experiential learning is an asset
- Current Standard First Aid and CPR certification is required
- A valid Driver’s License is required
- The successful applicant will be required to submit a current, completed in the past 6 months, Criminal check including vulnerable sector and an Alberta Intervention Record check
If you are the dynamic and qualified candidate we are looking for please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org for attention Rob Harrison quoting job reference #1532. Competition for this posting closes July 10, 2015.
Enviros is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all candidates for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We regret that we are unable to accept telephone inquiries.