Excel Residential Youth Worker Time Limited
Enviros is a charitable, non-profit community committed to enhancing the quality of family life in Alberta. We engage children, youth, adults and families in experientially based opportunities so they learn and develop skills that foster independence. Enviros addresses a broad range of societal needs ranging from programs for young offenders; family support services, emergency foster care, and helping young adults become successfully independent. Enviros opens minds as well as doors, promoting social responsibility through personal action, interaction and accountability.
The Enviros ExCel Discovery Program is a residential open-custody facility for male and female 12 – 18 year old youth serving an Open Custody Sentence under the Youth Criminal Justice Act. ExCel works with youth to provide them opportunities to deal with their addictions, mental health and life\social issues. Emphasis is placed on academic pursuit and healthy reintegration to society. Programming includes Life Skills, Recreational activities, and Wilderness Trips.
ExCel is hiring for a Residential Youth Worker with a strong background in residential youth counselling. This candidate will be part of a team that operates the program from an experiential, strength based perspective. The successful candidate will have strong child and youth care skills, a team focus, and is creative and organized. Knowledge of and ability to deliver experiential education in various settings is an asset for the successful candidate.
The Residential Youth Worker will have a degree or diploma in the Human Service field. The successful candidate will have the following:
- Current Standard first aid and CPR ‘C’
- A valid class 5 driver’s license is required (Class 5 GDL not accepted) and class 4 within 3 months of employment
- A current 5 year driver’s abstract
- A current criminal record check including vulnerable sector (completed within last 6 months)
- A current Alberta Intervention Record check (completed within last 6 months)
- Experience in a treatment setting and facilitating wilderness excursions
- The following training would be an asset and will be mandatory through the course of employment: suicide prevention training, Indigenous teachings training, cultural diversity training and therapeutic crisis intervention.
This is a time limited contract ending February 16, 2018. If this is the challenging and rewarding position you are looking for please forward your resume and cover letter for attention to Andrea Harrison to email@example.com, quoting Job Reference #1729. Closing date for applications is July 31, 2017.
Enviros is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all candidates for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We regret that we are unable to accept telephone inquiries.