Enviros is a charitable, non-profit community committed to enhancing the quality of family life in Alberta. We engage children, youth, adults and families in experientially based opportunities so they learn and develop skills that foster independence.
Enviros addresses a broad range of societal needs ranging from programs for young offenders; family support services, emergency foster care, and helping young adults become successfully independent. Enviros opens minds as well as doors, promoting social responsibility through personal action, interaction and accountability.
Reporting to the Director of Business Operations, the Finance Manager is responsible for preparing of financial reports, leading audit activities, compiling supporting data for budget purposes, managing the reporting system as well as participating in and leading projects of moderate to complex scope as assigned. The Finance Manager is also responsible for managing the office administration, accounting and payroll teams.
As the Finance Manager you will:
- Minimum 7 years progressive accounting experience – accounting diploma and/or working on CPA designation would be an asset.
- Experience in provincial, municipal and federal government policy as it relates to CRA rules and guidelines surrounding Charities and NPOs.
- Proficient in accounting software – specifically Financial Edge, including the AP and AR modules. Familiarity with Raiser’s Edge would be considered an asset.
- Strong payroll knowledge including familiarity with Payworks payroll system.
- Proficient in MS Office, with an intermediate/advanced level working knowledge of Excel.
- Well-developed personal, organizational and communication skills.
The Finance Manager is largely responsible for timely preparation of the monthly and annual financial statements including general ledger reconciliations, budgets and managing support of the accounting system. This individual is also responsible for leading and managing the accounting team on a day-to-day basis. The Finance Manager will also be responsible for interaction with various program staff, including providing assistance and training on Financial Policies and Procedures, Payworks and Financial Edge. If this is the challenging and rewarding position you are looking for please forward your resume and cover letter for attention Anthony Narine to firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting Job Reference #1547.
Enviros is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all candidates for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We regret that we are unable to accept telephone inquiries