Fund Development Manager
Marketing, Communications and Fund Development Manager – Position Description
Reporting to the Director, Business Operations, the Marketing, Communications and Fund Development Manager has the major responsibility of developing and facilitating excellent communication, marketing and branding strategies – with a focus on increasing awareness of Enviros’ programs and services and generating additional funding for the organization. This position is responsible for one direct report.
- Communications, Marketing or a related postsecondary degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in developing / refining a Communications, Marketing and Fund Development Business Strategy / Plan, with understanding and expertise with brand building and brand management.
- Exceptional written, oral, communication and presentation skills.
- Creative and strategically aligned skills, with excellent judgment.
- Experience in developing and writing web content, posters, brochures, flyers, banners and a wide variety of promotional items and ability to manage social networks.
- Proven Project / Time Management skills.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, WordPress, Word, Outlook, Publisher, PowerPoint, Excel, (all MS Office software).
- Knowledge of HTML and Online Survey Tools.
- Familiarity with fundraising and the CRA guidelines established in this area.
- Experience sourcing and writing grant applications.
- Demonstrated experience in the non-profit sector.
- Ability to manage a multitude of priorities and tasks, and be able to work collaborative as part of a team.
- Develop and implement a Marketing, Communications and Fund Development Business Plan (3 year plan) in coordination with the Senior Management team.
- Lead the design of logos and graphics for the organization’s fundraising events.
- Create and maintain the Brand Guidelines of the organization, ensuring all materials produced meet these guidelines.
- Manage the organizations website and ensure it is up to date with events and services.
- Actively support and develop Enviros business. Ensure communication of fund development and fund raising activities are well articulated to Enviros staff and external stakeholders.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders and the public – enhancing and promoting the mission and goals of the organization.
- Utilize professional contacts and local personalities to heighten the profile of Enviros.
- Manage the development and maintenance of Enviros’ Website and Social Media content aligned with marketing strategies.
- Ability to motivate and influence others.
- Produce materials for various fundraising campaigns, including email marketing and communications.
- Create and produce external communication content for the organization
- Work with team to produce content, graphics and layout design for all main communication vehicles including website, annual reports, information brochures, social media, etc.
- Continue to grow referral sources, build new relationships and enhance existing contacts.
- Represent Enviros as spokesperson within the community, including media interviews and at fundraising events.
- Research and cultivate opportunities for proactive engagement of members of the community – individual and corporate – including funding opportunities that align with Enviros’ mission and strategic/business plan.
- Develop implementation plans in support of annual marketing plans and effectively manage the execution of plans, initiatives and projects to ensure they are delivered on time, on budget and within scope.
- Provide leadership and support for communication and marketing activities of the organizations staff, including strategic planning, content writing, editing and any other needs as requested.
- Maintain expenses with marketing and communications budget.
- In co-ordination with the Fund Development Associate and Finance Manager, maintain appropriate fund development and donation documentation – tax receipts, thank you letters to donors, etc.Expectations
The Communication and Marketing Manager is largely responsible for managing all aspects of external communication, marketing, fundraising, sponsorships, grants and donations within the Enviros organization, including managing the communication and marketing budget.
This individual is also responsible for leading and managing the Fund Development Associate position on a day-to-day basis. The Communications and Marketing Manager will also be responsible for interaction with various program staff, including providing assistance and communications relating to program needs and raising funds specifically for these needs.
Receives direction from and reports to Director of Business Operations. This position interacts with various programs within Enviros to exchange information with respect to daily management of the Communications and Marketing Department.
- Customer Focused
- Peer Relationships
- Business Acumen
- Priority Setting
- Integrity and Trust
- Functional/Technical skills
- Dealing with Ambiguity
- Managerial Courage
The successful candidate will have the following:
- A current criminal record check including vulnerable sector (completed within last 6 months)
- A current Alberta Intervention Record check (completed within last 6 months)
If this is the challenging and rewarding position you are looking for please forward your resume and cover letter for attention to Carol McQuade to firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting Job Reference #1711. Closing date for applications is April 6, 2017.
Enviros is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all candidates for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We regret that we are unable to accept telephone inquiries.