Program Manager – 6 Month Contract
Enviros is a charitable, non-profit community committed to enhancing the quality of family life in Alberta. We engage children, youth, adults and families in experientially based opportunities so they learn and develop skills that foster independence. Enviros addresses a broad range of societal needs ranging from programs for young offenders; family support services, emergency foster care, and helping young adults become successfully independent. Enviros opens minds as well as doors, promoting social responsibility through personal action, interaction and accountability.
Enviros seeks a dynamic and responsible individual to join the leadership team as a Program Manager for our Base Camp program.
Enviros Base Camp provides a wilderness based addictions treatment program for youth within the province of Alberta. Our Base Camp program located northwest of Cochrane is an intensive, adventure based wilderness program for co-ed youth aged 13-18 and their families. This program provides support for healing from substance abuse issues that require residential treatment. A safe and structured environment is created for individuals who seek to improve their lives. Base Camp offers an experientially based balance between addiction treatment, traditional school, outdoor education, and community experiences to support youth and families in creating change.
The successful candidate will bring education and experience in the child and youth care field, a passion and commitment to working with youth using a team approach, and a desire to work from an experiential based philosophy.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Graduate/Undergraduate Degree in the Human Services or related field
- Knowledge and proven abilities to work within the, Child and Family Services system, Adolescent mental health system, Alberta Health Services, Mental Health and Addictions, Youth Criminal Justice system and the Educational systems
- Direct experience in management and administration in a non-profit culture including planning, budgeting, evaluation, communication and team operations
- Clinical counseling experience an asset
- Proven commitment and passion to working and supporting staff through a team based approach
- High level program and agency leadership
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- An understanding and appreciation of experiential education, wilderness challenges and competency based approaches to working with youth and their families
If this is the challenging and rewarding position you are looking for please forward your resume and cover letter for attention Carolyn Godfrey to email@example.com, quoting Job Reference #1742. Closing date for application is noon on October 26th, 2017.
Enviros is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all candidates for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We regret that we are unable to accept telephone inquiries.