Residential Youth Worker Awake Overnight
Enviros is a charitable, non-profit community committed to enhancing the quality of family life in Alberta. We engage children, youth, adults and families in experientially based opportunities so they learn and develop skills that foster independence. Enviros addresses a broad range of societal needs ranging from programs for young offenders; family support services, emergency foster care, and helping young adults become successfully independent. Enviros opens minds as well as doors, promoting social responsibility through personal action, interaction and accountability.
Enviros is hiring for an Awake Overnight Residential Youth Worker with a strong background in residential youth counselling. This candidate will be part of a team that operates the program from an experiential, strength based perspective. The successful candidate will have strong child and youth care skills, a team focus, and is creative and organized.
The Residential Youth Worker will have a degree or diploma in the Human Service field. The successful candidate will have the following:
- Current first aid and CPR C
- A valid class 5 driver’s license is required (Class 5 GDL not accepted) and class 4 within 3 months of employment
- A current 5 year driver’s abstract
- A current criminal record check including vulnerable sector (completed within last 6 months)
- A current Alberta Intervention Record check (completed within last 6 months)
- The following training would be an asset and will be mandatory through the course of employment: suicide prevention training, Indigenous teachings training, cultural diversity training and therapeutic crisis intervention.
This is an Awake Overnight position; shifts to be determined at time of hire.
If this is the challenging and rewarding position you are looking for please forward your resume and cover letter for attention to Lisa Graham to email@example.com, quoting Job Reference #1632. Closing date for applications is November 9, 2016.
Enviros is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all candidates for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We regret that we are unable to accept telephone inquiries.