Program Therapist /Clinician
Enviros is a charitable, non-profit community committed to enhancing the quality of family life in Alberta. We engage children, youth, adults and families in experientially based opportunities so they learn and develop skills that foster independence. Enviros addresses a broad range of societal needs ranging from programs for young offenders; family support services, emergency foster care, and helping young adults become successfully independent. Enviros opens minds as well as doors, promoting social responsibility through personal action, interaction and accountability.
Summit is a residentially based therapeutic program for youth aged 13 – 16 years. This program offers a strength-based treatment for behavioural issues in an environment where youth are able to address their difficulties and change patterns of behaviour. All program components work toward stabilizing challenging behaviours, teaching effective life and living skills, and re-establishing a positive family culture. Enviros seeks a dynamic and responsible individual to join the Summit program as the Clinician/Therapist; as the therapist you will be responsible for:
- Reviewing intake information with the supervisor/manager prior to admission
- Supporting the intake process and assessing presenting needs
- Developing and implementing treatment plans
- Supervision and oversight of client treatment
- One to one and family therapy as required
- Assessment and clinical consultation
- Support for staff development regarding therapeutic programming, facilitation and client support
As the Therapist you will support the Enviros community through liaison, other program development and participation, and will provide emergency on call coverage as needed by the program. The successful candidate will bring education and experience in the child and youth care field, and programming and facilitation skills in experiential learning. The successful candidate will have a passion and commitment for working with children and their families and have a team, strength based approach to their work.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Master’s Degree in Psychology/Social Work
- Experience in counseling children
- Experience in family and group therapy
- Experience with both attachment and developmental theories
- Experience with experiential learning and adventure therapy
- Knowledge and proven abilities to work within the Child and Youth Services system, High Fidelity Wraparound, FASD Services, Adolescent mental health system and the Educational systems
- Registered/ Chartered
If you are the dynamic and qualified candidate we are looking for please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org for attention Denise Snyder quoting job reference #1609. This position will remain open until June 17, 2016.
Enviros is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all candidates for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We regret that we are unable to accept telephone inquiries.