Youth and Family Support Worker .8 FTE Awake Overnight
Enviros is a charitable, non-profit community committed to enhancing the quality of family life in Alberta. We engage children, youth, adults and families in experientially based opportunities so they learn and develop skills that foster independence. Enviros addresses a broad range of societal needs ranging from programs for young offenders; family support services, emergency foster care, and helping young adults become successfully independent. Enviros opens minds as well as doors, promoting social responsibility through personal action, interaction and accountability.
Summit, an Enviros program, is a residentially based therapeutic program for youth aged 13 – 16 years. This program offers a strength-based treatment for behavioural issues in an environment where youth are able to address their difficulties and change patterns of behaviour. All program components work toward stabilizing challenging behaviours, teaching effective life and living skills, and re-establishing a positive family culture.
As a Residential Youth Worker for Summit you will be providing residential care to youth (delivering the treatment program; supervision; recreation; life skills; community service work; general maintenance). The Youth Worker will have a degree or diploma in the Human Service field. A combination of experience and applicable education will be considered, as well as the following:
- Experience working with children and families from a strength-based approach
- An ability to work as part of a dynamic team
- An ability to be highly organized, energetic and flexible
- Current First Aid and CPR C required
- A valid class 5 driver’s license is required (and class 4 within 3 months of employment)
- A current (within 6 months) criminal record check including vulnerable sector
- A current (within 6 months) Alberta Intervention Record check
- Wilderness experience will be considered an asset
- The following training would be an asset and will be mandatory through the course of employment: Suicide Prevention Training, Aboriginal Awareness Training, Diversity Training and Therapeutic Crisis Intervention.
This is an Awake Overnight position, 11pm – 7am, Friday to Monday. If you are the dynamic and qualified candidate we are looking for please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com for attention Shawna Lorefice quoting job reference #1739. This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
Enviros is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all candidates for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We regret that we are unable to accept telephone inquiries.