YTA Program Supervisor 13 month contract
Enviros is a charitable, non-profit community committed to enhancing the quality of family life in Alberta. We engage children, youth, adults and families in experientially based opportunities so they learn and develop skills that foster independence. Enviros addresses a broad range of societal needs ranging from programs for young offenders; family support services, emergency foster care, and helping young adults become successfully independent. Enviros opens minds as well as doors, promoting social responsibility through personal action, interaction and accountability.
The Supervisor is responsible for overseeing programming and providing leadership to the team. This role involves developing and maintaining a positive and safe work environment utilizing experiential education and a strength-based approach. The Supervisor is to create and maintain positive relationships with the community, neighbors, professionals and staff members.
Enviros seeks a dynamic and responsible individual to fill the leadership team as a Program Supervisor for our YTA Program. The Supervisor reports directly to the Program Manager and is responsible for assisting and directing staff in their work with clients as well as the following:
- Organize and chair YTA team meetings on a monthly basis and ensure that staff team is aware of not only program happenings but also agency directives, events and the like.
- Supervise and evaluate staff formally every 6 weeks and maintain informal contact weekly in order to provide assistance in case planning as requested.
- Review with staff team their clients’ case plans, progress reports and monitoring tools to ensure that they are completed as required in a thorough and professional manner
- Review client outcomes regularly to ensure that not only are they being completed but that they meet requirements as set by the contract agreement with Child and Family Services
- Diploma / Undergraduate Degree in Human Services
- Experience supporting children, youth, adults and families in healthy change
- Supervisory youth and family work experience
- Experience with strength-based practice and experiential learning
- A current criminal record check including vulnerable sector search
- A current Alberta child welfare check (to be completed in office)
Please submit your resume and cover letter for attention Candace Windisch quoting Job Reference #1701 via e-mail at email@example.com This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found. Contract will be approximately March 2017-April 2018, specific dates to be determined. As this position is coverage for secondment, should staff wish to return to work prior to the specified end date you would be given 4 weeks notice.
Enviros is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all candidates for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We regret that we are unable to accept telephone inquiries.