Human Resources Manager
Enviros is a charitable, non-profit community committed to enhancing the quality of family life in Alberta. We engage children, youth, adults and families in experientially based opportunities so they learn and develop skills that foster independence. Enviros addresses a broad range of societal needs ranging from programs for young offenders; family support services, emergency foster care, and helping young adults become successfully independent. Enviros opens minds as well as doors, promoting social responsibility through personal action, interaction and accountability.
Enviros seeks an experienced; dynamic and responsible individual to join the leadership team as a Human Resources Manager.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Degree in Human Resources Management (or equivalent)
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in a Leadership role. Human Resource generalist experience will be considered
- Experience in the not-for-profit sector
- Detailed understanding of Alberta Employment Standards, Canadian Human Rights Act
- Strong experience with employee benefits packages
- Professional and timely decision-making skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to understand and advocate a total compensation package and philosophy
- Understanding of not-for-profit compensation Surveys
- Ability to drive and manage a Staff Annual Quality Improvement Survey
- Highly organized and above average attention to detail
- Ability to work independently, as well as be part of a team
- Understanding of the legalities of internal investigation documentation and reporting requirements
- Ability to be the Human Resource Strategic Business Partner at the Management level
If you pride yourself on having strong relationship skills, and understand the complexities of working in the Social Services sector, this challenging and rewarding position would be perfect for you. Please forward your resume and cover letter for attention Hazel Bergen, CEO to firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting Job Reference #1745.
Please note the application window is tight as the closing date for applications is 6pm on Sunday November 26, 2017.
Enviros is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all candidates for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We regret that we are unable to accept telephone inquiries.