Child and Family Support Worker
Summer Student Position
Enviros is a charitable, non-profit community committed to enhancing the quality of family life in Alberta. We engage children, youth, adults and families in experientially based opportunities so they learn and develop skills that foster independence. Enviros addresses a broad range of societal needs ranging from programs for young offenders; family support services, emergency foster care, and helping young adults become successfully independent. Enviros opens minds as well as doors, promoting social responsibility through personal action, interaction and accountability.
The summer student in our Connects program will assist in delivering residential programming in a therapeutic environment for up to five children and their families. The daily program consists of using any combination of the following therapeutic tools to help children and their families achieve their goals; life skills, theraplay, treatment sessions, family counselling, wilderness programming and the development of a family plan. In addition, the regular care of children in a residential care setting is also a part of the job expectations.
The successful applicant will have the following qualifications:
- A current criminal record check including vulnerable sector
- A current Alberta Intervention Record check
- Current First Aid and CPR ‘C’
- An ability to work as part of a dynamic team
To be eligible, students must:
- be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment;
- have been registered as full-time students in the previous academic year and intend to return to school on a full-time basis in the next academic year;
- be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act2; and,
- be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations.
If you are the dynamic and qualified candidate we are looking for please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com for attention Stewart Edwards quoting job reference #1619. Competition for this posting closes May 24, 2016. Available to start immediately, position ends August 27, 2016.
Enviros is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all candidates for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We regret that we are unable to accept telephone inquiries.