Supported Family Visitation
Supported Family Visitation Facilitator
Summer Student Position
Enviros is a charitable, non-profit community committed to enhancing the quality of family life in Alberta. We engage children, youth, adults and families in experientially based opportunities so they learn and develop skills that foster independence. Enviros addresses a broad range of societal needs ranging from programs for young offenders; family support services, emergency foster care, and helping young adults become successfully independent. Enviros opens minds as well as doors, promoting social responsibility through personal action, interaction and accountability.
Enviros’ Family Visitation Program is a partnership with Calgary and Area Child and Family Services. The program is based on a coaching of parent’s model developed to support all involved. The focus is to assist and help parents to identify and respond to what each child needs.
The Enviros team is looking for a Summer student to join our fastest growing program. As a Family Visitation Facilitator you will support and coach the family, promote family reunification by actively engaging with parents during visits with their children, and support parents to acquire the knowledge and skills necessary to meet their children’s day-to-day needs.
Duties may include:
- transportation of clients
- documenting observations made during visits
- processing outcome measures
- supporting existing facilitators during visits
- Engaging with children and parents
- Supporting other activities as needed.
To be eligible, students must:
- be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment;
- have been registered as full-time students in the previous academic year and intend to return to school on a full-time basis in the next academic year;
- be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act2; and,
- be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations.
- Current Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Search
- Current Alberta Intervention Record check
- Current standard First Aid and CPR ‘C’
If you are the dynamic and qualified candidate we are looking for please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com for attention Brenley Gidney quoting job reference #1617. Competition for this posting closes May 24, 2016. Available to start immediately, position ends August 27, 2016.
Enviros is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all candidates for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We regret that we are unable to accept telephone inquiries.