WHO WE ARE
Enviros is an innovative social services agency that provides critical, individualized programs to children, youth, adults and families in vulnerable situations:
- Children and youth who require a variety of short- and long-term therapeutic home environments.
- Youth and young adults in need of addiction treatment.
- Albertans of all ages living with FASD.
- Young adults and families transitioning into independence.
- The families and caregivers of all of these individuals.
During the fall and winter of 1976 the first group of Enviros youth workers and volunteers, along with eight youth, ventured into the wilderness of the Rocky Mountain foothills. This outing was not merely a “recreational outing;” rather, it was an exercise in self-discipline and personal growth lasting eight months. While living in tents and attending school on-site, the youth persevered and succeeded in building the first Enviros wilderness facility. This success founded the legacy of experiential learning, which has become the Enviros trademark in child, youth, adult and family services.
Since 1976, Enviros has continued to offer innovative, family orientated programming to Alberta’s children, youth, adults and families. In 1980, Enviros became an incorporated non-profit agency and has grown to become one of the region’s most flexible and adaptive agencies.
Today, Enviros’ services have expanded to address a broad range of societal needs ranging from programs for young offenders, family support services, emergency foster care, and helping young adults become successfully independent. We believe that most people want to be successful, but repeated, chronic patterns of crisis in some people’s lives have left them with negative perceptions of the world and their place in it. By providing situations where they are supported, encouraged and challenged to participate in new learning, Enviros assists them in making lasting changes, which impact many aspects of their lives.
OUR CORE VALUES
Enviros’ core values are a picture of what others can expect from our organization and that for which we can be held accountable. These values are incorporated into the communication tactics as required and guide organizational behaviours and decision-making.
Values include the following:
- Relationships: Strong, healthy relationships supports safety, well-being and growth.
- Belonging: Connection to people, community and purpose builds strength.
- Growth: Learning and development contributes to positive experiences, goal attainment and successful outcomes.