Recreational Respite Worker Full Time June 26 – September 1
The Respite Care Connection promotes, strengthens, and preserves the right for children with challenging behaviours to have a permanent home. The program works toward this goal by providing caregivers of the children and youth with respite to give them time to take care of themselves and their other children. The Respite Care Connection is a community based program for children and youth aged 6-17 years.
The Enviros Respite Care Connection is currently seeking a fulltime employee to work as a Recreational Respite Worker for day-camp programming. This position involves planning, participating in and supervising recreational activities on daily outings. Clients have diagnoses such as ADHD, FASD and Asperger’s and the program focuses on strengthening self-esteem, skill development and socialization skills. This is facilitated in a fun, structured and safe environment with a ratio of one staff to three youth.
The last week in June will focus on staff training Monday – Friday. During the summer the hours are Monday to Friday 8:30 – 4:30. Due to the late posting of this position, we expect that the candidate may not be available right away. The latest date to start this position would be July 10th.
There is an opportunity for this position to continue after the summer on a part time basis.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Minimum of a Diploma or two years in a Degree program in a Human Services field
- Experience working with children and youth from a strength-based approach
- An ability to be organized, energetic and flexible
- Current standard first aid and CPR
- Current driver’s abstract
- Current Police Intervention with Vulnerable Sector Search
- Current Child Intervention check
- Therapeutic Crisis Intervention, Suicide Intervention, Aboriginal Awareness are an asset
- Must be able to drive own vehicle with a class 5 license or higher (no GDL)
If you are the dynamic and qualified candidate we are looking for please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com for attention Anthony Narine quoting job reference # 1723. Competition for this posting closes on June 26, 2017.
Enviros is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all candidates for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We regret that we are unable to accept telephone inquiries.