Database Administration and Support
0.2 FTE, Permanent Part Time
Enviros is a charitable, non-profit community committed to enhancing the quality of family life in Alberta. We engage children, youth, adults and families in experientially based opportunities so they learn and develop skills that foster independence. Enviros addresses a broad range of societal needs ranging from programs for young offenders; family support services, emergency foster care, and helping young adults become successfully independent. Enviros opens minds as well as doors, promoting social responsibility through personal action, interaction and accountability.
This is a technical position that requires someone who is able to work independently and is able to initiate their own work day. The position administers and supports staff in working with the agency wide data base that collects and generates reports in relation to the clients being served.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Decision making skills
- Ability to analyse information and provide recommendations
- Highly organized and above average attention to detail
- Respectful of confidentiality and ensures privacy of information
- Ability to work independently, as well as be part of a team
Duties and Responsibilities
- Administer and develop the organization data base
- Support staff in learning the data base and assist with solving problems
- Analyse data being produced and assist with trouble shooting potential problems
- Provide communication regarding needs and direction for the data base
- Degree in Business Administration and/or Human Services Administration (equivalencies may be considered)
- Three or more years of experience in administering and providing support to staff for a data base system
If this is the challenging and rewarding position you are looking for please forward your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting Job Reference #1716. This position will remain open until a candidate is located.
Enviros is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all candidates for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We regret that we are unable to accept telephone inquiries.