FAMILY VISITATION FACILITATOR Casual Evenings, Weekends
Enviros is a charitable, non-profit community committed to enhancing the quality of family life in Alberta. We engage children, youth, adults and families in experientially based opportunities so they learn and develop skills that foster independence. Enviros addresses a broad range of societal needs ranging from programs for young offenders; family support services, emergency foster care, and helping young adults become successfully independent. Enviros opens minds as well as doors, promoting social responsibility through personal action, interaction and accountability.
Enviros’ Family Visitation Program is a partnership with Calgary and Area Child and Family Services. The program is based on a coaching of parent’s model developed to support all involved. The focus is to assist and help parents to identify and respond to what each child needs.
The Enviros team is looking for Family Visitation Facilitators. As a Family Visitation Facilitator you will support and coach the family, promote family reunification by actively engaging with parents during visits with their children, and support parents to acquire the knowledge and skills necessary to meet their children’s day-to-day needs.
Family Visitation Facilitators will support family visits, and ensure the wellb eing and safety of children in care:
- Provide children with safe, reliable transport to and from visits; schedule visits and make contingency arrangements
- Engage and build relationships with and between families, Child and Family Services and other service providers
- Develop and implement service plan goals with parents, enhance reflective capacity, support family along a continuum of services towards reunification
- Integrate different roles i.e. facilitate, coach, model, mentor, advocate, support/supervise and resource
This dynamic role requires our ideal candidate to possess at minimum the following qualifications:
- Current Police Check with Vulnerable Sector Search
- Current Alberta Intervention Record check
- Current standard First Aid and CPR C
- Diploma/Undergraduate Degree in Human Services field
- Current 5 year Driver’s Abstract
- Valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle with $2,000,000 liability insurance. Must be able to drive own vehicle, have class 5 or class 4 license, class 5 GDL will not be accepted
- Demonstrated knowledge of child protection and safety, child and youth development, ages and stages, positive parenting, parental sensitivity and attachment theories
- A working knowledge of the Child, Youth and Family Enhancement Act
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, highly organized, sound decision making and problem solving skills; able to work independently
- Building off of the knowledge and principals of High Fidelity Wraparound, will utilize Appreciative Inquiry to support strength based coaching for parents and incorporate Experiential Learning when appropriate
- Completion of the Signs of Safety training would be an asset
Currently there is a need for facilitation on evenings and weekends. Hours of work will vary from part time to full time hours and the hourly pay will range from $20 – $24.
If you are the dynamic and qualified candidate we are looking for please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org for attention Brenley Gidney quoting job reference #1618. Competition for this posting closes when a suitable candidate is found.
Enviros is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all candidates for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We regret that we are unable to accept telephone inquiries.