Program Manager – Term Contract
Enviros is a charitable, non-profit community committed to enhancing the quality of family life in Alberta. We engage children, youth, adults and families in experientially based opportunities so they learn and develop skills that foster independence. Enviros addresses a broad range of societal needs ranging from programs for young offenders; family support services, emergency foster care, and helping young adults become successfully independent. Enviros opens minds as well as doors, promoting social responsibility through personal action, interaction and accountability.
Enviros seeks a dynamic and responsible individual to join the leadership team as a Program Manager for the Foster Care, Respite Care Connection, and the Youth Transitions to Adulthood Programs.
The successful candidate will bring education and experience in supporting community based programs, a passion and commitment to working with youth using a team approach, and a desire to work from a strength based philosophy.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Graduate/Undergraduate Degree in the Human Services or related field
- Knowledge and proven abilities to work within the, Child and Family Services system, Adolescent mental health system, Alberta Health Services, Mental Health and Addictions, Youth Criminal Justice system and the Educational systems
- Direct experience in management and administration in a non-profit culture including planning, budgeting, evaluation, communication and team operations
- Experience in community based client work
- Strong understanding of standards and accreditation processes
- Clinical counseling experience an asset
- Proven commitment and passion to working and supporting staff through a team based approach
- High level program and agency leadership
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- An understanding and appreciation of experiential education and competency based approaches to working with youth and their families
If this is the challenging and rewarding position you are looking for please forward your resume and cover letter for attention Anthony Narine to firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting Job Reference #1722. Closing date for application is noon on Friday June 23rd, 2017.
Enviros is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all candidates for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We regret that we are unable to accept telephone inquiries.