Awake Overnight – Youth and Family Support Worker
Why work for Enviros?
Come and be a part of a team of dedicated professionals that helps people reimagine their lives so they fulfill their potential and thrive in community.
As an innovative social services agency, Enviros has partnered with young people and families for over 40 years to take charge of their lives and actively choose the direction it takes. With a united purpose of making a difference in the lives of Albertans, our core values of passion, ingenuity, authenticity, resilience, belonging, and quality defines who we are as an organization. We value and promote diversity and inclusion and believe that it makes us stronger. We offer a competitive salary and benefits, and support the growth and development of our staff.
The Program – Summit
Summit is a community group living program for at-risk youth (13 – 17 years old). This program offers a strength based, trauma informed, harm reduction philosophy for youth with extensive histories of trauma, neglect, addictions, mental health issues, and involvement in the criminal justice system.
The Position – AON Youth and Family Support Worker
The Youth and Family Support Workers build relationships and trust with the youth, provide care to enhance areas of competence, and work to develop skills in individual areas of need. This is done by engaging the youth with intentional practice, recreation, life skills, community involvement and therapeutic programming.
- Post-secondary education in the Human Services or related field
- 1-2 years of child and youth care, social work or human services experience is considered an asset
- CPR and First Aid certification
- Knowledge of Experiential learning, strength-based practice and trauma informed care
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license (Class 5 GDL will not be accepted)
- A clean driver’s abstract containing not more than two (2) minor offences or one (1) major offence
- Police Record Check with Vulnerable sector check (within six (6) months)
- Child Intervention Check (within one (1) year)
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com: attention: Sarah Borsato. Quote job reference # 2150. Competition for this posting closes on: August 3, 2021.
Enviros believes in the power of diversity and we are dedicated to creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment. We ensure equal opportunity for all applicants and encourage people of all visible minorities, including Indigenous applicants, and those of any religion, sex, age, ability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression to apply.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org