ENVIROS – Who We Are:
Enviros is an innovative social services agency that provides critical, individualized programs to children, youth, adults and families in vulnerable situations to meet their desired outcomes and wellness.
Enviros helps our clients make strength-based changes to move to independence within a healthy community.
Enviros focuses programs on the unique needs of individual clients practicing experiential learning to provide opportunities for personal discovery and growth.
Enviros focuses on relationships and is the foundation of our programs and enables clients to develop skills, healthy trust and independence.
Since our founding in 1976, Enviros has been an early adopter of new evidence-based best practices and has developed and informed other best practices.
Why People Choose Enviros
Simply stated, our vision is: “The Power of Human Relationships Invites Belonging and Inspires Growth”.
The Program – Respite Care Connection
The Respite Care Connection promotes, strengthens, and preserves the right for children with developmental disabilities to engage with peers in positive community-based activities. Clients have diagnoses such as ADHD, FASD and ASD and the program focuses on strengthening self-esteem, skill development and socialization skills. This is facilitated in a fun, structured and safe environment with a ratio of one staff to three youth. The Respite Care Connection is a community-based program for children and youth aged 6-17 years.
The Position- Community Respite Facilitator
The Community Respite Facilitator will participate in and supervise recreational activities for small groups of active children and adolescents with developmental disabilities. Activities could include art projects, trampoline parks, bowling, swimming, theme parties, baking and events around the city. The pay ranges from $18-$20 per hour depending on skills and assets. Staff will need to be available for the following shifts each week during the school year (times may vary slightly):
Saturdays 11:30 – 5:30 pm
Sundays 11:30 – 5:30 pm
The successful applicant will have the following qualifications:
- A current criminal record check including vulnerable sector (completed in the last 6 months)
- A current Alberta Intervention Record check (completed in the last 12 months)
- Current First Aid and CPR ‘C’
- Must be able to drive own vehicle (no GDL licenses)
- Must have your own safe and reliable vehicle with room for minimally 3 passengers
- An ability to bring energy, creativity, and enthusiasm into a dynamic team
- Experience working with children with developmental disabilities is an asset
- Experience facilitating groups involving children and youth is an asset
- Therapeutic Crisis Intervention, Suicide Intervention, Indigenous Teachings are an asset
How to Apply
If you are the dynamic and qualified candidate we are looking for please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org attention to Tina Cameron. Competition for this posting will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
Enviros is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all candidates for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We regret that we are unable to accept telephone inquiries.