Child and Family Support Worker
.5 FTE (20 hours/week)
Weekends 1:00pm – 9:00pm
Enviros is a charitable, non-profit community committed to enhancing the quality of family life in Alberta. We engage children, youth, adults and families in experientially based opportunities so they learn and develop skills that foster independence. Enviros addresses a broad range of societal needs ranging from programs for young offenders; family support services, emergency foster care, and helping young adults become successfully independent. Enviros opens minds as well as doors, promoting social responsibility through personal action, interaction and accountability.
The Child and Family Support Worker in our Connects program will be required to deliver residential programming in a therapeutic environment for up to five children impacted by trauma and their families. The daily program consists of using any combination of the following therapeutic tools to help children and their families achieve their goals; life skills, theraplay, treatment sessions, family counselling, wilderness programming and the development of a family plan. In addition, the regular care of children in a residential care setting is also a part of the job expectations. This position will run on weekends 1:00pm – 9:00pm, plus staff meetings.
The successful applicant will have the following qualifications:
- Human or Social Services Degree or Diploma
- A current criminal record check including vulnerable sector ( within last 6 months)
- A current Alberta Intervention Record check (within last 6 months)
- Experience working with children and families from a strength-based approach
- An ability to work as part of a dynamic team
- Be familiar with experiential learning and how to use it in a residential setting
- Experience in delivering wilderness programming to children
- An ability to be highly organized, energetic and flexible
- Current First Aid and CPR
- A valid Class 4 or 5 Driver’s License
- A clean 5 year Driver’s Abstract
- The following trainings would be an asset and will be mandatory through the course of employment: Suicide Prevention Training, Aboriginal Awareness Training, Diversity Training and Therapeutic Crisis Intervention
Preference will be given to those applicants with an active lifestyle and experience in practicing and delivering experientially based learning opportunities and wilderness programming to children ages 6-13 years.
Enviros offers competitive compensation package which includes Health and Dental Benefits, Employee Family Assistance plan, and Health Spending Account.
If you feel you are the versatile and dynamic candidate we are looking for please forward your resume and cover letter for attention Raena Orr to email@example.com quoting Job Reference #1840. This position is currently vacant and will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
Enviros is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all candidates for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We regret that we are unable to accept telephone inquiries.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org