ENVIROS – Who We Are:
Enviros is an innovative social services agency that provides critical, individualized programs to children, youth, adults and families in vulnerable situations to meet their desired outcomes and wellness.
Enviros helps our clients make strength-based changes to move to independence within a healthy community.
Enviros focuses programs on the unique needs of individual clients practicing experiential learning to provide opportunities for personal discovery and growth.
Enviros focus is on building relationships and is the foundation of the work we do. This enables clients to develop skills, healthy trust, and independence.
Since our founding in 1976, Enviros has been an early adopter of new evidence-based best practices and has developed and informed other leading practices.
Why People Choose Enviros
Simply stated, our vision is: “The Power of Human Relationships Invites Belonging and Inspires Growth”.
The Program – FASD Intervention Services
Enviros’ Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder (FASD) Intervention program provides support to caregivers, families, and professionals caring for a child/youth living with an FASD diagnosis. It is recognized that FASD is a complex, life-long, medical diagnosis and that each individual has unique strengths, challenges, and support needs. FASD Intervention Services aims to enhance natural supports, provide guidance and education to those involved in the individual’s life, and ensure families are connected with the right resources.
The Position – Intervention Specialist
Intervention Specialists work with teams to explore the children/youth’s strengths and understand their medical diagnosis through teaching and supporting caregivers and other professionals across the sector to implement recommendations and develop effective strategies.
Duties will include:
- Breakdown of diagnostic assessments with caregivers and other professionals in the child/youth’s life to identify strengths and needs
- Individualized strategy development to assist the child/youth based on their medical diagnosis
- Advocacy and collaboration throughout the sector
- Providing resources for both the caregivers and their child/youth to strengthen their circle of support
- Candidates must possess a bachelor’s degree or equivalency in the Human Service Field and a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar position
- Criminal (vulnerable sector) and Child Intervention checks, Current First Aid, and CPR are a requirement prior to commencement
- This work requires that you are in the community and therefore must have a reliable vehicle
- Commitment to lifelong learning as well as being inquisitive, curious, and flexible
- Some knowledge and understanding of FASD
- The ability to navigate and advocate within a variety of systems, as well as work independently and be a collaborative partner in a strong staff team
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills are critical to the role
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com Attention: Paula Yule with Quote job reference #2224.
Competition for this posting closes on June 03, 2022, or when suitable candidate is found.
Enviros believes in the power of diversity, and we are dedicated to creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment. We ensure equal opportunity for all applicants and encourage people of all visible minorities, including Indigenous applicants, and those of any religion, sex, age, ability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression to apply.
Additionally, Enviros is committed to having a workforce of skilled and diversified representation of the population we serve. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply, however in our commitment to the population we serve, preference will be given to candidates self-identifying as an Indigenous Person
Enviros is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all candidates for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We regret that we are unable to accept telephone inquiries