Full Time, Permanent
Enviros is a charitable, non-profit community committed to enhancing the quality of family life in Alberta. We engage children, youth, adults and families in experientially based opportunities so they learn and develop skills that foster independence. Enviros opens minds as well as doors, promoting social responsibility through personal action, interaction and accountability.
Enviros’ Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder (FASD) Intervention Services program provides support for children, youth and families living with FASD. It is recognized that FASD is a medical diagnosis that impacts individuals cognitively and physically. The energy required to care for the individual living with FASD is extraordinary and needs to be recognized and supported. Enviros offers assistance to foster, adoptive, kinship and biological parents by providing them with the information and tools required to effectively parent a child or youth with FASD. This program provides innovative support to these families to decrease the chance of placement breakdown and assists parents in recognizing the unique strengths and functional abilities of the youth or child.
Additionally, Enviros’ Evolution Program provides support to individuals who have been recently diagnosed with FASD to better understand their strengths and challenges in an effort to develop and enhance strategies specifically for them; As well as, supporting individuals in accessing income support, housing, employment and medical care.
As the FASD Program Supervisor, you will supervise both the FASD Intervention Team as well as the FASD Evolution Program.
The Supervisor’s position requires the candidate to be able to work with multiple partners to create a team approach. You must be able to work independently, as well as, be a collaborative member of the Enviros team. This position requires strong written and verbal communication. Organizational skills are also an important aspect to this position.
Candidates must have a Human Services Degree and a minimum of two years’ experience supervising and overseeing a program.
As the FASD Program Supervisor you will:
- Assist and direct staff in their work with clients
- Provide supervision and evaluate staff
- Have a knowledge and understanding of FASD and be able to work well in a teaching and supportive role with adults
- Establish and maintain an intake process for the program as per contract requirements
- Provide access to community resources, client support and crisis intervention
- Participate in the agency on-call system
- Maintain program licensing and training standards as required
- Ensure case plans are developed, implemented, and reviewed on a regular basis
- Ensure program is meeting intended outcomes as outlined in contract agreement
- Oversee program budget and maintain expenses in conjunction with Manager
- Ensure all program files and client paperwork has been completed
- Compile and report on outcome measures, nominal roles, monthly reports, quarterly report, annual reports, and other reports as required
This is position is permanent, full-time. Consideration will be given for the position to move to a 0.8 FTE for the right candidate. If you are the dynamic and qualified candidate we are looking for, please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com attention to Sylvie Horan quoting job reference #1843. Competition for this posting closes on Friday, July 27th.
Enviros is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all candidates for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We regret that w
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org