ENVIROS – Who We Are:
Enviros is an innovative social services agency that provides critical, individualized programs to children, youth, adults, and families in vulnerable situations to meet their desired outcomes and wellness.
Enviros helps our clients make strength-based changes to move to independence within a healthy community.
Enviros focuses programs on the unique needs of individual clients practicing experiential learning to provide opportunities for personal discovery and growth.
Enviros focuses on relationships is the foundation of our programs and what enables clients to develop skills, healthy trust, and independence.
Since our founding in 1976, Enviros has been an early adopter of new evidence-based best practices and has developed and informed other best practices.
Why People Choose Enviros
Simply stated, our vision is: “The Power of Human Relationships Invites Belonging and Inspires Growth”.
Reporting to the CEO, the Human Resources (HR) Manager provides strategic and operational leadership for all HR services and support to ensure that Enviros has a thriving workforce to meet organizational goals to provide the best client services possible. As an in-house expert, the HR Manager provides direction in all matters pertaining to talent management: recruitment, onboarding, performance management, rewards, and recognition, learning and development, career mobility, succession planning, and the wellbeing of staff. In addition, this position provides expertise and guidance so that Enviros is following human resources best practices and complying with corresponding legislation.
This position supervises the HR Assistant and ensures that this position is empowered and equipped to provide excellent services to all Enviros departments and programs. The HR Manager must follow all Enviros’ policies and procedures, health and safety protocols, legislative protocols, and provide support as needed so that accreditation standards are met.
The HR Manager will:
- Provide leadership and direction in all matters pertaining to talent management: recruitment, onboarding, performance management, rewards, and recognition, learning and development, career mobility, and the wellbeing of
- Provide recommendations and input on workforce initiatives to ensure alignment with organizational
- Provide expertise and guidance so that Enviros is following human resources best practices and complying with corresponding legislation including Human Rights, Employment Standards, Privacy Act, and Occupational Health and
- Conduct workplace investigations and address employee complaints/concerns and provide guidance to leaders for any progressive discipline
- Supervise the HR Assistant and ensure that this position is empowered and equipped to provide excellent services to all Enviros departments and
- Manage benefit package administration and annual premium
- Manage WCB
- Monitor HR analytics so that pressure points and trends are identified and addressed in a timely manner that affect achievement of organizational
- Lead and manage the Staff Annual Quality Improvement Survey.
- Provide support as needed so that accreditation standards are
What You Bring to the Role
You take pride in being able to work effectively with a diverse group of people, promote cooperation and commitment to achieve goals, and foster a caring and collaborative work environment. You have strong communication and critical thinking skills that helps you build trust and rapport with others. You are not afraid of change and like to try new things. You act confidently in taking initiative and solving problems and empower others to do the same. You can effectively promote an organization’s vision, mission, goals, values, and culture and resourcefully manage the HR Department’s priorities by providing guidance, direction, and support to all staff and stakeholders.
- Undergraduate degree in Human Resources or Business
- CPHR designation is
- At least 4 – 5 years of relevant HR generalist/advisor
- At least 2 – 3 years of experience in an HR leadership
- Experience in managing all aspects of talent management.
- Experience in developing HR programs, plans, and
- Experience in employee
- Experience in the not-for-profit sector is an
- A current criminal record check including vulnerable sector (completed within last 6 months).
- A current Alberta Intervention Record check (completed within last 6 months).
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com, Attention: Hazel Bergen with Quote Job ID 2215. Competition for this posting closes on May 13, 2022, or when a suitable candidate is selected.
Enviros believes in the power of diversity, and we are dedicated to creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment. We ensure equal opportunity for all applicants and encourage people of all visible minorities, including Indigenous applicants, and those of any religion, sex, age, ability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression to apply.
Additionally, Enviros is committed to having a workforce of skilled and diversified representation of the population we serve. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply, however in our commitment to the population we serve, preference will be given to candidates self-identifying as an Indigenous Person.