ENVIROS – Who We Are:
Enviros is an innovative social services agency that provides critical, individualized programs to children, youth, adults, and families in vulnerable situations to meet their desired outcomes and wellness.
Enviros helps our clients make strength-based changes to move to independence within a healthy community.
Enviros focuses programs on the unique needs of individual clients practicing experiential learning to provide opportunities for personal discovery and growth.
Enviros focuses on relationships is the foundation of our programs and what enables clients to develop skills, healthy trust, and independence.
Since our founding in 1976, Enviros has been an early adopter of new evidence-based best practices and has developed and informed other best practices. As an organization, Enviros has adopted the following principles: Voice and Choice, Collaboration/Team Based, Natural Supports, Community Based, Culturally Competent, Individualized, Strength Based, Persistence, Outcome Based.
Why People Choose Enviros
Simply stated, our vision is: “Reimagined lives, fulfilling potential and thriving in community”.
The Program – ExCel Discovery
The Enviros ExCel Discovery Program is a group living open-custody facility for males and females 12 – 20 years old youth serving an Open Custody Sentence under the Youth Criminal Justice Act, while collaboratively working with the Young Offender Centers. ExCel Discovery works with youth to provide them opportunities to manage addictions, mental health, and social issues. The goal of ExCel Discovery staff is to promote a healthy re-integration into community by fostering life skills, attending education, and promoting healthy relationships.
The Position – Re-Integration Worker
Enviros currently has an exciting opportunity at Excel Discovery for a Re-Integration worker (RIW) who will use a Wraparound approach to work collaboratively with the justice system to provide support for youth to successfully return to the community and avoid further conflict with the law.
Reporting to the Program Manager, the Re-Integration Worker will be responsible for working from a client centered, strength-based approach in a collaborative team environment with staff from Excel, Justice and natural support members. The Re-Integration worker will provide a structured, creative and individualized team planning process which supports youth to achieve individualized goals that promote crisis stabilization, lifelong connections and successful transition/outcomes.
Some of the key responsibilities of this role include:
- Engaging and interviewing youth on strength, needs and culture to be compiled in Discovery document
- Identifying, engaging, strengthening and expanding natural support networks
- Developing integrated plans that address priority needs of the individual
- Developing comprehensive crisis stabilization and prevention safety plans
- Facilitating and coordinating team members from various systems
- Developing comprehensive transition plans
The successful candidate has:
- Diploma/Degree in Human Services Discipline
- Knowledge and experience working with justice involved youth and families
- In depth awareness of appropriate community resources and services
- Strong writing, organizational, program planning, facilitation, and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of Wraparound Facilitation process
- The Re-Integration Wraparound worker must have a demonstrated ability to work independently as well as within an integrated, multi-disciplinary team
- The successful applicant will be required to work flexible hours to accommodate client
- Knowledge of justice, addictions and mental health
- Current standard First Aid Certification and Suicide Intervention Training
- Police check and Child Intervention Record Check (current within six months)
- Valid Driver’s license and adequate insurance coverage
- Own transportation
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume including which position you would prefer to firstname.lastname@example.org attention to Carrie Lanz. Quote job reference #2381. Competition for this posting close on: November 24, 2023.
Enviros believes in the power of diversity, and we are dedicated to creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment. We ensure equal opportunity for all applicants and encourage people of all visible minorities, including Indigenous applicants, and those of any religion, sex, age, ability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression to apply.
Additionally, Enviros is committed to having a workforce of skilled and diversified representation of the population we serve. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply, however in our commitment to the population we serve, preference will be given to candidates self-identifying as an Indigenous Person.
Enviros is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all candidates for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We regret that we are unable to accept telephone inquiries.