Relief Worker – Group Living Relief
ENVIROS – Who We Are:
Enviros is an innovative social services agency that provides critical, individualized programs to children, youth, adults and families in vulnerable situations to meet their desired outcomes and wellness.
Enviros helps our clients make strength-based changes to move to independence within a healthy community.
Enviros focuses programs on the unique needs of individual clients practicing experiential learning to provide opportunities for personal discovery and growth.
Enviros focus is on building relationships and is the foundation of the work we do. This enables clients to develop skills, healthy trust, and independence.
Since our founding in 1976, Enviros has been an early adopter of new evidence-based best practices and has developed and informed other leading practices.
Why People Choose Enviros
Simply stated, our vision is: “The Power of Human Relationships Invites Belonging and Inspires Growth”.
The Program – Relief
Relief staff provide supplemental support to our live in group care programs. As a relief staff you are an essential part of the program team providing life skills teaching, support and safety to children and youth.
The Position – Relief Worker
The relief workers within Enviros provide safety and support to the clients within the group care programs, working with up to 6 youth (female and male) at any given time. Relief workers are, as much as possible, working alongside a second staff member. The relief worker is responsible for behavior management as per each program requirements, follow-through on pertinent issues (client and program related), role modelling appropriate behavior, maintaining support for the individual client service plans, and providing programming and support for daily living tasks and activities. Additionally you will:
- Support our live in programs (Excel, Connects, Passages, and Summit) during day time hours 8am to 11pm or awake overnight (AON) 10pm-7am.
- Provide constant and ongoing supervision of the clients in the program. Children ages 7-12 and youth ages 13-17.
- Advocate for the clients within the program.
- Establish positive relationships with the clients.
- Complete daily requirements with each client within the program.
- Supporting co-workers in maintaining a clean and hygienic environment.
For Consideration Applicants Will Need to Demonstrate the Following
- Degree or Diploma in a Human Service Field
- Two years related professional experience, or
- A combination of the above
- CPR and First Aid Certification
- Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable sector search (within 6 months)
- Child Welfare Intervention Check (Alberta Intervention Check)
- Class 5 drivers license (no restrictions, no GDL) Class 4 preferred
- 3 year drivers abstract with no major violations (such as a DUI or Distracted Driving charge)
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org: attention: Bev Oldham. Quote job reference # 0001
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com