Therapist – Summit
ENVIROS – Who We Are:
Enviros is an innovative social services agency that provides critical, individualized programs to children, youth, adults and families in vulnerable situations to meet their desired outcomes and wellness.
Enviros helps our clients make strength-based changes to move to independence within a healthy community.
Enviros focuses programs on the unique needs of individual clients practicing experiential learning to provide opportunities for personal discovery and growth.
Enviros focus on building relationships and is foundation of our programs and what enables clients to develop skills, healthy trust and independence.
Since our founding in 1976, Enviros has been an early adopter of new evidence-based best practices and has developed and informed other best practices.
Why People Choose Enviros
Simply stated, our vision is: “The Power of Human Relationships Invites Belonging and Inspires Growth”.
The Program – Summit
A program for at-risk youth (13 to 17 years old) who have a history of trauma and neglect, struggle with addictions, are involved in the youth criminal justice system, and/or have behavioral issues. Summit is a live in program that uses a harm reduction approach to enable adolescents to address their difficulties in a safe and supportive environment.
The Position – Therapist
The Therapist is responsible for using an experiential approach and strength-based philosophy to ensure programming is intentional and safe. The Therapist is responsible for overseeing all intake assessments, and working with staff members to develop and implement treatment plans that address the needs of each client. The Therapist coordinates individual and group therapies and provides supervision and consultation to staff members regarding clients and families. The Therapist supports the Enviros Community through liaison, program development, and participation.
Additional duties include
- Intake facilitation
- Assess presenting needs and subsequent program implications
- Oversee the therapeutic nature of the program
- Facilitate individual, parent/child family and group therapy
- Staff support and development
- Coordinate treatment planning
- Consult with key workers regarding client progress
- Participate in program team meetings
- Provide therapy summaries as per program requirements
- Participate in enhancing program development.
Administrative accountabilities include:
- Providing therapy summaries as per program requirements
- Submission of client progress reports as per program requirements
- Reporting to Program Manager
For Consideration Applicants Will Need to Demonstrate the Following
- Masters Degree in Psychology/Social Work
- Experience in counselling, family and group therapy
- Registered/Chartered/Licensed by the Professional Association of their discipline
- Experience with experiential learning and Strength-based practice is considered an asset
- A current criminal record check including vulnerable sector (completed within last 6 months)
- A current Alberta Intervention Record check (completed within last 6 months)
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com: attention Tyler Wilson Quote job reference # 2001 Competition for this posting closes on January 31st, 2020.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org