ENVIROS – Who We Are:
Enviros is an innovative social services agency that provides critical, individualized programs to children, youth, adults, and families in vulnerable situations to meet their desired outcomes and wellness.
Enviros helps our clients make strength-based changes to move to independence within a healthy community.
Enviros focuses programs on the unique needs of individual clients practicing experiential learning to provide opportunities for personal discovery and growth.
Enviros focuses on relationships is the foundation of our programs and what enables clients to develop skills, healthy trust and independence.
Since our founding in 1976, Enviros has been an early adopter of new evidence-based best practices and has developed and informed other best practices.
Why People Choose Enviros
Simply stated, our vision is: “The Power of Human Relationships Invites Belonging and Inspires Growth”.
The Program – ExCel Discovery Programs
The Enviros ExCel Discovery Program is a group living open-custody facility for males and females 12 – 20 years old youth serving an Open Custody Sentence under the Youth Criminal Justice Act, while collaboratively working with the Young Offender Centers. ExCel Discovery works with youth to provide them opportunities to manage addictions, mental health, and social issues. The goal of ExCel Discovery staff is to promote a healthy re-integration into community by fostering life skills, attending education, and promoting healthy relationships.
Position Overview- Youth and Community Support Workers
The successful candidate will be part of a team that operates the program from an experiential, strength-based perspective. ExCel Discovery is a live-in group home that works to reintegrate young person successfully back into the community. The support worker will support the safety and wellbeing of the youth while assisting with weekly appointments, organized outings, and supporting youth transitions back into community. The support worker will participate in the intake process and be responsible for all Justice paperwork pertaining to clients within the program.
This permanent role working 40 hours and 32 hours a week, with the two position currently available; hours of Position are the following:
- Tuesday – Saturday each week schedule rotates between 7:00am-3:00pm shifts and 3:00pm –11:00pm shifts for 40 hours a week
- Friday –Monday each week schedule from 3:00pm-11:00pm for 32 hours/week
COVID – We take all necessary precautions when running our program such as social distancing, wearing masks while inside, regular sanitization of hands and surfaces. PPE will be provided. As we frequently access public spaces, the ideal candidate will be required to follow the requirements of the restriction exemption program.
- Provide support to residents through a trauma informed care perspective in a live-in group setting.
- Collaboratively work with stakeholders.
- Ensure all government, justice and daily paperwork is completed and submitted in a timely manner.
- Crisis intervention.
- Adhere to safety protocols ensuring the safety and wellbeing of residents.
- Maintaining regular house expectations including meal preparation, cleaning, sanitizing.
- Adhere to standard health and safety procedures.
- Attend regular staff meetings.
- Other duties as required.
- Strong child and youth care skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Collaborative team player that is creative with strong organizational skills.
- Encouraging and supportive.
- Able to adapt to changing situations.
- De-escalation skills.
Education and Experience
- Post-secondary education in Criminal Justice or Human Services related field.
- 1-2 years of youth justice, child and youth care, social work or human services experience is considered an asset.
- New graduates will be considered.
- Knowledge of experiential learning, strength-based practice and trauma informed care.
- Wilderness Training is considered an asset.
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license (Class 5 GDL will not be accepted).
- A clean driver’s abstract containing not more than two (2) minor offences or one (1) major offence.
- Standard First Aid and CPR Level C.
- Police Record Check with Vulnerable sector check (within six (6) months).
- Child Intervention Check (within one (1) year).
In addition to becoming a part of a challenging and creative work environment, Enviros also offers:
- Competitive Salary
- Benefits Program
- Comprehensive Training Program
- Work Wellness Program
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume including which position you would prefer to email@example.com attention to Andrea Harrison. Quote job reference #2237. Competition for this job post closes on August 22, 2022.
Enviros believes in the power of diversity, and we are dedicated to creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment. We ensure equal opportunity for all applicants and encourage people of all visible minorities, including Indigenous applicants, and those of any religion, sex, age, ability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression to apply.
Additionally, Enviros is committed to having a workforce of skilled and diversified representation of the population we serve. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply, however in our commitment to the population we serve, preference will be given to candidates self-identifying as an Indigenous Person.
Enviros is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all candidates for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We regret that we are unable to accept telephone inquiries