ENVIROS – Who We Are:
Enviros is an innovative social services agency that provides critical, individualized programs to children, youth, adults, and families in vulnerable situations to meet their desired outcomes and wellness.
Enviros helps our clients make strength-based changes to move to independence within a healthy community.
Enviros focuses programs on the unique needs of individual clients practicing experiential learning to provide opportunities for personal discovery and growth.
Enviros focuses on relationships is the foundation of our programs and what enables clients to develop skills, healthy trust, and independence.
Since our founding in 1976, Enviros has been an early adopter of new evidence-based best practices and has developed and informed other best practices.
Why People Choose Enviros
Simply stated, our vision is: “The Power of Human Relationships Invites Belonging and Inspires Growth”.
The Program – Summit
Summit is a therapeutic residential treatment home for youth aged 13-17 that is designed specifically to treat and work with high-risk teens with addictions, history of trauma and neglect, justice involvement, gang involvement multiple diagnosis and/or behavioral issues. The program offers a strength based treatment and a harm reduction approach to enable youth to address their difficulties in a safe and supportive environment.
The Position – Youth and Family Support Worker – Summit
Group Care Workers will assume responsibility for the management of individual client cases within the Group Care programs of Enviros. They will initiate all outside contacts, participate in the intake process and the development of a case plan for their key client. Case documentation, household duties, participation in wilderness programming, and provision of supervision to clients are elements of this position.
The hours for this position would be Tuesday to Saturday at 08:00-16:00.
COVID – We take all necessary precautions when running our program such as social distancing, wearing masks while inside, regular sanitization of hands and surfaces. PPE will be provided. As we frequently access public spaces, the ideal candidate will be required to follow the requirements of the restriction exemption program.
Direct Client Care
- Help develop Intake Assessment/ Service Plan
- Consult with Therapist/Professionals regarding key client
- Provide care and responsible coverage during shifts
- Establish positive working relationships with clients
- Provide a physically and emotionally safe environment for clients
- Provide advocacy for clients
- Arrange ongoing support for clients (including case planning, family contact, medical appointments, professional support, purchase clothing/supplies as per client needs, and school/employment support)
- Participate in wilderness programming
- Assume responsibility for household duties as required
- Attend and contribute to staff meetings
- Provide crisis intervention and support
- Provide support to other team members
- Complete daily documentation of each client in general communication book
- Record key client’s team notes as per program outline
- Provide clear documentation regarding contact with clients and other professionals
- Complete Critical Incident Reports as required
- Ensure intake, discharge and quarterly reports are completed
- Compile and report on outcome measures
- Ensure and assessments, service plans and outcomes are current and up to date
- Other duties as required
- Reports to Program Supervisor
- Meet for supervision, minimally, every 8 weeks.
To be considered for this opportunity, applicants should have minimally a degree/diploma in the Human Service field, experience with youth in a group living environment; be aware of trauma informed practices, and be professional, reliable, and able to work independently.
- Diploma / Undergraduate Degree in Human Services
- Experience with experiential learning, strength-based practice and working in Group Care programs
- Wilderness programming experience is an asset
- CPR and First Aid Certification
- Current Criminal Record Check (with Vulnerable Search) and Intervention Record Check
Education and Experience Post-secondary education in Criminal Justice or Human Services related field.
- 1-2 years of youth justice, child and youth care, social work or human services experience is considered an asset.
- New graduates will be considered.
- Knowledge of experiential learning, strength-based practice, and trauma informed care.
- Wilderness Training is considered an asset.
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license (Class 5 GDL will not be accepted).
In addition to becoming a part of a challenging and creative work environment, Enviros also offers:
- Competitive Salary
- Benefits Program
- Comprehensive Training Program
- Work Wellness Program
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume including which position you applying for to firstname.lastname@example.org, Attention Carrie Lanz, and quote Job ID # 2258. Competition for this posting closes on: October 06, 2022.
Enviros believes in the power of diversity, and we are dedicated to creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment. We ensure equal opportunity for all applicants and encourage people of all visible minorities, including Indigenous applicants, and those of any religion, sex, age, ability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression to apply.
Additionally, Enviros is committed to having a workforce of skilled and diversified representation of the population we serve. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply, however in our commitment to the population we serve, preference will be given to candidates self-identifying as an Indigenous Person.
Enviros is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all candidates for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We regret that we are unable to accept telephone inquiries