ENVIROS – Who We Are:
Enviros is an innovative social services agency that provides critical, individualized programs to children, youth, adults, and families in vulnerable situations to meet their desired outcomes and wellness.
Enviros helps our clients make strength-based changes to move to independence within a healthy community.
Enviros focuses programs on the unique needs of individual clients practicing experiential learning to provide opportunities for personal discovery and growth.
Enviros focuses on relationships is the foundation of our programs and what enables clients to develop skills, healthy trust, and independence.
Since our founding in 1976, Enviros has been an early adopter of new evidence-based best practices and has developed and informed other best practices. As an organization, Enviros has adopted the following principles: Voice and Choice, Collaboration/Team Based, Natural Supports, Community Based, Culturally Competent, Individualized, Strength Based, Persistence, Outcome Based.
Why People Choose Enviros
Simply stated, our vision is: “Reimagined lives, fulfilling potential and thriving in community”.
The Program – Summit
Summit is a community group living program for at-risk youth (13 – 17 years old). This program offers a strength based, trauma informed, harm reduction philosophy for youth with extensive histories of trauma, neglect, addictions, mental health issues, and involvement in the criminal justice system.
The Position – AON Youth and Family Support Worker
The Youth and Family Support Workers build relationships and trust with the youth, provide care to enhance areas of competence, and work to develop skills in individual areas of need. This is done by engaging the youth with intentional practice, recreation, life skills, community involvement and therapeutic programming.
This shift is from Thursday-Monday. The hours are 12:00-08:00.
- Post-secondary education in the Human Services or related field
- 1-2 years of child and youth care, social work or human services experience is considered an asset
- CPR and First Aid certification
- Knowledge of Experiential learning, strength-based practice, and trauma informed care
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license (Class 5 GDL will not be accepted)
- A clean driver’s abstract containing not more than two (2) minor offences or one (1) major offence
- Police Record Check with Vulnerable sector check (within six (6) months)
- Child Intervention Check (within one (1) year)
- Current First Aid and CPR C
- Current Criminal Record Check with a Vulnerable Sectors Designation
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license (Class 5 GDL will not be accepted) with a clear driving record.
In addition to becoming a part of a challenging and creative work environment, Enviros also offers:
- Competitive Salary
- Benefits Program
- Comprehensive Training Program
- Work Wellness Program
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume including which position you would prefer to firstname.lastname@example.org attention to Carrie Lanz. Quote job reference #2257 Competition for this posting closes on: October 01, 2022.
Enviros believes in the power of diversity and we are dedicated to creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment. We ensure equal opportunity for all applicants and encourage people of all visible minorities, including Indigenous applicants, and those of any religion, sex, age, ability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression to apply.
Additionally, Enviros is committed to having a workforce of skilled and diversified representation of the population we serve. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply, however in our commitment to the population we serve, preference will be given to candidates self-identifying as an Indigenous Person.
Enviros is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all candidates for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We regret that we are unable to accept telephone inquiries