Respite Care Connection
Recreational Respite Worker
Full time Summer Student Position
The Respite Care Connection promotes, strengthens, and preserves the right for children with challenging behaviours to have a permanent home. The program works toward this goal by providing caregivers with respite care, to give them time for themselves or to spend time with their other children. The Respite Care Connection is a community based program for children and youth aged 5-17 years.
The Enviros Respite Care Connection is currently seeking a summer student to work as a Recreational Respite Worker for day camp programming for ages 5-12 years. This position involves planning, participating in and supervising recreational activities on daily outings. Clients have diagnoses such as ADHD, FASD and Asperger’s and the program focuses on strengthening self-esteem, skill development and socialization skills. This is facilitated in a fun, structured and safe environment with a ratio of one staff to three children.
To be eligible as a summer student the following criteria must be met:
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Current Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Search
- Current Alberta Child Intervention check
- Current standard first aid and CPR ‘C’
- An ability to be organized, energetic and flexible
- Must be able to drive own vehicle with a class 5 license or higher (non GDL)
To be eligible, students must:
- be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment;
- have been registered as full-time students in the previous academic year and intend to return to school on a full-time basis in the next academic year;
- be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act2; and,
- be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations.
If you are the dynamic and qualified candidate we are looking for please submit your resume and cover letter email@example.com for attention Tina Cameron quoting job reference #1614 . Competition for this posting closes on July 3, 2016. Available to start immediately, position ending August 27, 2016.
Enviros is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all candidates for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We regret that we are unable to accept telephone inquiries.