ENVIROS – Who We Are:
Enviros is an innovative social services agency that provides critical, individualized programs to children, youth, adults and families in vulnerable situations to meet their desired outcomes and wellness.
Enviros helps our clients make strength-based changes to move to independence within a healthy community.
Enviros focuses programs on the unique needs of individual clients practicing experiential learning to provide opportunities for personal discovery and growth.
Enviros focus is on building relationships and is the foundation of the work we do. This enables clients to develop skills, healthy trust, and independence.
Since our founding in 1976, Enviros has been an early adopter of new evidence-based best practices and has developed and informed other leading practices.
Why People Choose Enviros
Simply stated, our vision is: “The Power of Human Relationships Invites Belonging and Inspires Growth”.
The Program – Stride (Therapeutic Foster Caregiving)
Enviros is excited to be developing this newest model of care in the Child Intervention System. Stride is a therapeutic family based, culturally safe, short term out of home placement program intended to support youth with complex trauma-impacted care needs. This model is a wraparound service that incorporates a Therapeutic Caregiver, as the primary change agent, working within a Therapeutic Team, including cultural supports to provide individualized trauma informed supports.
The Position – Therapist
The Therapist will support the therapeutic interventions and approaches of Stride. They will contribute to Team training. They will oversee and develop curriculum for advanced Caregiver training. Working with Caregiver Coaches, they will provide Caregiver training, coaching, and consultation customized to the needs of individual Caregivers and youth. They will advise or sit with Circles. They will provide individual counselling for youth or other Stride participants as needed. They will provide crisis support, debriefing opportunities, and other clinical supports to the program.
For Consideration Applicants Will Need to Demonstrate the Following
In carrying out your responsibilities as program therapist, you are expected to represent an agency perspective in all your communications and actions.
- Ensure youth have a voice and choice in their treatment.
- Support staff in developing positive and professional relationships with caregivers and other team members
- Consult with Program Supervisor and Manager (as appropriate) regarding overall therapeutic delivery of program.
- Ensure treatment teams are consistent in the therapeutic direction set for individual youth
- Provide clinical support to the staff team as it relates to the youth, assisting staff in acquiring further knowledge regarding mental health and how it impacts youth in care
Education & Experience
- Master’s Degree in psychology/social work/counselling
- 3-5 years of experience in Supervising caregiver support models
- Experience in human services with vulnerable populations
- Knowledge of experiential learning, strength-based practice, and trauma informed care
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license (Class 5 GDL will not be accepted)
- A clean driver’s abstract containing not more than two (2) minor offences or one (1) major offence
- Standard First Aid and CPR Level “C”
- Police Record Check with Vulnerable sector check (within six (6) months)
- Child Intervention Check (within one (1) year)
In addition to becoming a part of a challenging and creative work environment, Enviros also offers:
- Competitive Salary
- Benefits Program
- Comprehensive Training Program
- Work Wellness Program
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume including which position you would prefer to firstname.lastname@example.org: attention Carlie Burnett with Quote Job ID 2402. Competition for this posting close on: January 12, 2024
Enviros believes in the power of diversity, and we are dedicated to creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment. We ensure equal opportunity for all applicants and encourage people of all visible minorities, including Indigenous applicants, and those of any religion, sex, age, ability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression to apply.
Additionally, Enviros is committed to having a workforce of skilled and diversified representation of the population we serve. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply, however in our commitment to the population we serve, preference will be given to candidates self-identifying as an Indigenous Person.
Enviros is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all candidates for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We regret that we are unable to accept telephone inquiries.