ENVIROS – Who We Are:
Enviros is an innovative social services agency that provides critical, individualized programs to children, youth, adults, and families in vulnerable situations to meet their desired outcomes and wellness.
Enviros helps our clients make strength-based changes to move to independence within a healthy community.
Enviros focuses programs on the unique needs of individual clients practicing experiential learning to provide opportunities for personal discovery and growth.
Enviros focuses on relationships is the foundation of our programs and what enables clients to develop skills, healthy trust, and independence.
Since our founding in 1976, Enviros has been an early adopter of new evidence-based best practices and has developed and informed other best practices.
Why People Choose Enviros
Simply stated, our vision is: “The Power of Human Relationships Invites Belonging and Inspires Growth”.
The Program – Respite Care Connection
The Respite Care Connection promotes, strengthens, and preserves the right for children with developmental disabilities to engage with peers in positive community-based activities. Clients have diagnoses such as ADHD, FASD and ASD and the program focuses on strengthening self-esteem, skill development and socialization skills. This is facilitated in a fun, structured and safe environment with a ratio of one staff to three youth. The Respite Care Connection is a community-based program for children and youth aged 6-17 years.
The Position – Community Respite Facilitator
The Community Respite Facilitator will participate in and supervise recreational activities for small groups of active children and adolescents with developmental disabilities. Activities could include art projects, trampoline parks, bowling, swimming, theme parties, baking and events around the city.
Staff will need to be available for the following shifts each week during the school year (times may vary slightly):
Saturdays: 11:30 am to 5:30 pm
Sundays: 11:30 am to 5:30 pm
It is preferable that the successful candidate can go to fulltime during the summer months of July and August working Mondays to Fridays 8:30 am to 4:30 pm.
COVID – We take all necessary precautions when running our program such as social distancing, wearing masks while inside, regular sanitization of hands and surfaces. PPE will be provided. As we frequently access public spaces, the ideal candidate will be required to follow the requirements of the restriction exemption program.
- A current Criminal Record check including vulnerable sector (completed in the last 6 months)
- A current Alberta Intervention Record check (completed in the last 12 months
- Current First Aid and CPR ‘C’
- Must be able to drive own vehicle
- Must have a safe and reliable vehicle with room for minimally 3 passengers
- An ability to bring energy, creativity, and enthusiasm into a dynamic team
- Experience working with children with developmental disabilities is an asset
- Experience facilitating groups involving children and youth is an asset
Education and Experience
- Post-secondary education in Criminal Justice or Human Services related field.
- 1-2 years of youth justice, child and youth care, social work or human services experience is considered an asset.
- Knowledge of experiential learning, strength-based practice, and trauma informed care.
- Therapeutic Crisis Intervention, Suicide Intervention, Indigenous Teachings are considered an asset
- Wilderness Training is considered an asset.
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license (Class 5 GDL will not be accepted).
In addition to becoming a part of a challenging and creative work environment, Enviros also offers:
- Competitive Salary
- Benefits Program
- Comprehensive Training Program
- Work Wellness Program
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume including which position you would prefer to firstname.lastname@example.org attention to Tina Cameron with quote Job reference #2201. Competition for this posting will close when a suitable candidate is found.
Enviros believes in the power of diversity, and we are dedicated to creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment. We ensure equal opportunity for all applicants and encourage people of all visible minorities, including Indigenous applicants, and those of any religion, sex, age, ability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression to apply.
Additionally, Enviros is committed to having a workforce of skilled and diversified representation of the population we serve. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply, however in our commitment to the population we serve, preference will be given to candidates self-identifying as an Indigenous Person.