ENVIROS – Who We Are:
Enviros is an innovative social services agency that provides critical, individualized programs to children, youth, adults, and families in vulnerable situations to meet their desired outcomes and wellness.
Enviros helps our clients make strength-based changes to move to independence within a healthy community.
Enviros focuses programs on the unique needs of individual clients practicing experiential learning to provide opportunities for personal discovery and growth.
Enviros focuses on relationships is the foundation of our programs and what enables clients to develop skills, healthy trust and independence.
Since our founding in 1976, Enviros has been an early adopter of new evidence-based best practices and has developed and informed other best practices.
Why People Choose Enviros
Simply stated, our vision is: “The Power of Human Relationships Invites Belonging and Inspires Growth”.
The Position – Human Resources Administrative Assistant
- Provide administrative and procedural support in all matters pertaining to talent management so that Enviros can attract, develop, and retain employees to ensure Enviros’ workforce meets current and future organizational needs.
- Coordinate the recruitment process by liaising with the appropriate leaders and providing administrative support and input throughout the recruitment cycle as needed.
- Participate on interview panels as needed.
- Coordinate orientation and onboarding of new employees including the completion of all required documentation needed for payroll purposes.
- Coordinate all performance management system requirements.
- Coordinate the learning and development needs for all staff.
- Coordinate the rewards and recognition program and promote a culture of recognition.
- Collaborate with the Principle-Based Practitioner as needed to include Enviros principles in agency language, job ads, training, and interview and succession processes.
- Maintain accurate and up to date employee records including daily maintenance of the HRIS system.
- Respond to all general HR related enquiries from staff including health benefits and policy questions.
- Draft general forms, letters, reports, employee agreements, and memorandums as necessary.
- Track probationary periods of new staff and liaise with leaders to monitor performance and organizational fit to ensure the right staff move beyond probation.
- Provide support for benefits package administration including RRSP contributions and annual premium negotiation, and WCB claims.
- Provide support for managing employee leaves of absences (EI, WCB, STD, and LTD).
- Liaise with the Finance Department as needed to ensure employee information is accurate and up to date.
- Under the direction of the HR Manager, provide support and advice to staff so that Enviros is following human resources best practices and complying with corresponding legislation.
- Provide advice to staff in terms of compliance with legislation including Human Rights, Employment Standards, Privacy Act, and Occupational Health and Safety.
- Provide support as needed in employee relations issues including workplace investigations employee complaints/concerns, and progressive discipline matters.
- Communication: able to communicate clearly and tactfully to all levels of the organization in a way that builds rapport and trust using a variety of communication mediums.
- Adaptability: adapts to changing departmental and organizational needs and a variety of situations and distractions that arise regularly; and supports the cultivation of a work environment that can manage change well.
- Decision Making: uses strong critical thinking with principle-based processing to make timely, informed decisions that enhance the quality of HR service delivery and improve systems.
- Collaboration: able to work effectively with all departments, programs and principle-based processes that includes a diverse group of people; promotes cooperation and commitment to achieve goals; and fosters a positive and inclusive work environment.
- Initiative: acts confidently in taking initiative and solving problems and empowers others to do the same; able to effectively manage time with strong organizational skills to meet all job requirements successfully.
- Learning: proactively identifies ways for self-improvement and development, and fully supports the growth and development in all staff with culturally aware, strengths based and individualized planning.
- Diploma in Business Administration and/or Human Services Administration (equivalencies may be considered)
- Two or more years of experience as a Human Resources Administrator or other entry level Human Resources position
- Payroll experience/background including payroll systems is an asset.
- Experience managing an HRIS is an asset
- Experience in the not-for-profit sector is an asset
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, Attention: Andrea Butler, quoting Job ID 2260. Competition for this posting closes on when suitable candidate is found.
Enviros believes in the power of diversity, and we are dedicated to creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment. We ensure equal opportunity for all applicants and encourage people of all visible minorities, including Indigenous applicants, and those of any religion, sex, age, ability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression to apply.
Additionally, Enviros is committed to having a workforce of skilled and diversified representation of the population we serve. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply, however in our commitment to the population we serve, preference will be given to candidates self-identifying as an Indigenous Person.
Enviros is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all candidates for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We regret that we are unable to accept telephone inquiries