Human Resources Manager ( 0.9 FTE Position)
ENVIROS – Who We Are:
Enviros is an innovative social services agency that provides critical, individualized programs to children, youth, adults and families in vulnerable situations to meet their desired outcomes and wellness.
Enviros helps our clients make strength-based changes to move to independence within a healthy community.
Enviros focuses programs on the unique needs of individual clients practicing experiential learning to provide opportunities for personal discovery and growth.
Enviros focus is on building relationships and is the foundation of the work we do. This enables clients to develop skills, healthy trust, and independence.
Since our founding in 1976, Enviros has been an early adopter of new evidence-based best practices and has developed and informed other leading practices.
Why People Choose Enviros
Simply stated, our vision is: “The Power of Human Relationships Invites Belonging and Inspires Growth”.
The Program – Human Resources
Through programs like Employee Relations, Training and Development, Recruitment and Policy Development, the Human Resources Department acts as a business partner in helping future shape an organization to help deal with ongoing issues and optimize on opportunities. Human Resources coaches Managers on ideal workplace climate on topical issues as coaching for success.
The Position – Human Resources Manager
Reporting to the CEO, the Manager of Human Resources is responsible for providing a broad spectrum of human resource advisory services to the Enviros Management team and staff in the areas of talent management, total compensation and employee relations. This position works closely with the Director of Services in the areas of administrative processes; employee relations; organizational effectiveness and wellness of staff.
- Provide Supervision and Leadership to the Human Resource Assistant position
- Lead and implement the Enviros Onboarding protocols
- Advises and supports Managers’ Leadership team and staff in various areas of employee relations, including pro-active performance management, recognition, progressive discipline, change management, conflict resolution
- Lead on all terminations
- Interpretation of Human Resource policies, Alberta Employment Standards, Human Rights Legislation
- Communicate and maintain best practices in accordance with legislated standards, legal practices and agency needs
- Leads HR metrics through collection of data, including annual turnover rates
- Conducts exit interviews, summarizing and analyzing for trends and makes appropriate recommendations.
- Provides a leadership role in various projects and committees such as Culture Ambassadors and Leadership Development Committee
- Coaches Managers and employees in identifying learning and development opportunities
- WCB Claim Management
- Champion policy initiative that supports agency values and culture
- Submit the Agency report yearly for the Boland (or similar) survey
- Annual staff Quality Improvement Survey and report back to agency
- Coordination of employee recognition program
- Interview and maintain relief staff list for the agency
- Lead on benefit package administration and annual premium negotiation
- Thorough understanding of Accreditation requirements
Professional Skills Requried
- Degree in Human Resources Management (or equivalent)
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in a Leadership role. Human Resource generalist experience will be considered along with substantial background in all functional Human Resources areas.
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability understand complex issues, advocate as may be required and uncover root cause issues
- Ability to drive and manage a Staff Annual Quality Improvement Survey
- Experience in the not-for-profit sector
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org: attention: Hazel Bergen. Quote job reference # 2064 Competition for this posting closes on: Until suitable candidate is found.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com